Some people find the idea of performing technical SEO to be intimidating.
We give thanks to the many SEO tools available, an SEO audit is no longer a daunting task.
The key, however, is to know how to interpret the data provided and what to do with it.
For starters, you should check the following:
- Make certain your site qualifies as being mobile-friendly.
- Check for status code errors and correct them.
- Check the robot.txt for errors. Optimize if needed.
- Check your site indexing via Google Search Console. Examine and fix any issues discovered.
- Fix duplicate title tags and duplicate meta descriptions.
- Audit your website content. Check the traffic stats in Google Analytics. Consider improving or pruning under performing content.
- Fix broken links. These are an enemy of the user experience – and potentially rankings.
- Submit your XML sitemap to Google via Google Search Console.